Scientific photographer, writer and educator
- Information about scientific photographic techniques to enable you to produce photographs with and without expensive equipment.
- Examples to show what is possible.
I have been a professional photographer for over 35 years since qualifying as a clinical photographer at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. I have now been teaching photography for over 25 years and have a experience in a wide range of techniques.
Programmes I have taught includes:
- HNC in Medical and Technical Photography
- BSc (Hons) in Biological Imaging
- Forensic imaging for BSc(Hons) in Forensic Science programmes
- Scientific photography for Zoology and Biology
Many of my students are now working professionally as photographers in clinical and general photography as well as crime scene managers.I first developed my expertise in learning and teaching through the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching, including Visual Education, at the Aberystwyth University and whilst at the University of Derby becoming a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Part of my work at the University included teaching on the Postgraduate Programme in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and being a Teaching Fellow with a focus on personal development planning (PDP) and continuing professional development (CPD). See https://learningforprofessionalpractice.com/ for a wide range of papers and learning resources covering "Learning and CPD".